Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thursday Recap

I got out of bed at 7 o'clock. I have to be at school at 7:30 on T, W, and TH. I showered, changed clothes, fed the dogs, made lunch, and got to school by 7:28. I only live 1 mile from school, so I go that going for me. I have to be at school early for this before school program where I get paid $40 an hour extra to sit on my ass in the computer room. I turn on all of the computers and get the internet set to an educational favorites site and let the kids go wild. I usually check my email and check in on my graduate classes.

Today was Dr. Seuss's birthday or some shit like that. The kids and staff were encouraged to dress up like their favorite character from any book. This week is Read Across America Week. Would I know this if I did not work at an elementary school? Hell no! I do not read books. I did not dress up, because I do not have time for that worthless shit. They served green eggs and ham for breakfast, which was not too bad. I am in good with the cafeteria staff, so I always get to eat for free.

I taught a shooting lesson with the 2nd and 3rd graders. I did not have 4th and 5th grade today. I taught one handed form shooting and the kids did well. I even told the kids that they could bring up their guide hand to stabilise the ball, but most of the chose to continue to form shoot because they had the hang of it. Yes, there were those kids who thought that they knew everything and as soon as I gave them some slack, they started that two handed, push from the chest shit. The K and 1st graders played with the juggling scarves. Those little kids eat that shit up. I am a GOD to those kids.

Like I said earlier, I made my lunch this morning, but they were serving chili for lunch. I love me some chili. So I bought lunch and will save the PBJ for tomorrow. While at lunch, one of the lovely single women I eat with suggested a happy hour after school on Friday. I am not one to turn down alcohol even though I already had plans for the Friday. I am the party coordinator at my school. Anyone can send out an email, but they count on me to spread the word. Yes, I cleared it through E first. We are going to Chilis. They have a good happy hour: $2 rails, $2 draft, free wings, and free chips and salsa. It should be a good time.

After school, I did the after school program where I get paid $40 an hour again. All I do if have some kind of physical activity ready for the kids and we go at it for 1.5 hours. Today I threw out the basketballs and shot around. I think next week, I might teach them how to play beer pong (minus the beer). I then came home and read my daily blogs (E, G, K, K, N, and Mr. S). I cannot read them at work because it is one of the restricted sites. I can post by emailing my blog, but I am too lazy to do it. Atfer reading my blogs, I made dinner. We had ham and mac and cheese.

After dinner, I went to my favorite store (THE HOME DEPOT) and bought a new saw blade. I got a 10 inch, 40 teeth, Freud Diablo blade (recommended by Mr. S). My BIL and I are putting in fake hardwood flooring this weekend and my parents house. It should be interesting. I have never done any mechanical type work with him. I hope it goes quickly and smoothly. I am sure I could do it myself, butit helps to have a partner. Then, I watched Survivor (same as any other episode). E and I went to McDonalds for McFlurrys and now I am posting.

Have a good one, I will try to post more often, so I do not write so much at one time. PEACE MONKEYS!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Good luck with the floors!