Monday, March 20, 2006

Aww...how touching

I just finsihed typing a paper that is due tomorrow and it is not quite 2 in the morning so I figured I would waste a few minutes. I went to a funeral today of one of my former basketball player's dad. Did you get that? I went the line and shook everyone's hand and so on. I finally got over to the girl and she and her friend were all sitting down pouting. I came over and they brightened up a little bit. Then one of them asked if I had heard about teh Varsity basketball coach resigning. I told them that I had. They proceeded to ask if I would or was going to come back and coach them. I told them that I applied for the position and they started to get excited. I told them not to get too excited because I only applied...I did not necessarily get the job. I was touching to see that they wanted me to be their coach.

The girl is in 10th grade and her brother is in 8th (I think). Her dad was 52...would have been 53 on the 29th. He was one of my biggest supporters as a basketball coach. At least he got to know that his daughter was going to have a new coach next year before he passed away.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

awwww....that means you are making a difference! You're gonna be such a great father.