Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It's a mental thing

I have a theory...I think that EC is MENTALLY holding the baby in. I know it sounds odd, but hear me out. When we were trying to get pregnant, we talked about why we thought that it took so long (6 plus months) to get pregnant. We came up with a theory then that it was a "mental thing". We made ourselves believe that we were physically, mentally, etc. ready to have a baby. Sure lots of people say they are ready to have a baby when they are trying. But do they truly convince their bodies that they are. Either I am Super Sperm Man or we convinced ourselves that we were ready. I think that we convinced ourselves. God knows I suck at sex! Then again, all I had to do was get the sperm in there...any monkey playing with himself can do that.

Back to the "mental thing." EC's parents come in town on the night of the 30th. We have both said over and over that we are ready for the baby to come. I am phsyically, mentally, and all of the above ready for the baby to come. EC is physically ready for the baby to come out, but in the back of her mind she wants her parents to be here when it happens. I want them to be here too, but I cannot please everyone. The baby is not in me, so I do not think that my brain power has anything to do with anything at this point.

I am predicting that the baby will be born at some point on March 31st. I think after Erika sees her parents on the 30th her body will relax and let the baby slide on out on the 31st. Now, if the body waits too long on the 31st, and it carries over to April 1st...god help us all. EC will be pissed. If I were a betting man...oh wait, I am. I would say. "put your money on the 31st."

I have told my theory to many people and they say they can see where I am coming from. I told this to a mother earlier tonight and she said that there is no mental factor involved. She said that she was ready and the baby came when it wanted to. I do not think she was truly ready, but that is just me. I figure if Dr. Phil can spout out common sense shit and be thought a genius, then I can come up with random shit and do the same. Let's see how my theory stands up to test.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I think you need to start a betting pool with date/time/weight...if you win you can get a head start on that college fund.

Kat said...

I was thinking to today too. But correct me if I am wrong, they aren't going to let her go more than a week right?