Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Craig's List

If you do not know about it, YOU NEED TOO! My brother-in-law recently told me about a website, www.craigslist.com, which is the coolest thing I have ever seen. It is FREE and EASY to sell/buy stuff based on the region you live in. Unlike Ebay, there is no bidding and no one gets a share of your profit. The only downside is that you post something, then people contact you through the Craigslist email, share info., meet up and do the deal.

I have been trying to sell my motorcycle for a while now. I sold the Civic and needed to sell the motorcycle. I put the bike in the front yard and some people would stop and look, but I only had 2 people call about it. Both said they wanted to come see it, but never did.

The other night (7/3), I posted my bike for sale and put some pictures on there. By the morning (7/4), I had 7 emails about the bike. Some said, "I am interested." Some said, "I will offer you X amount." And some some said, "I have cash and will come get it now." I called one guy and he came this morning (7/3) and bought the bike...CASH MONEY!

If you have not heard of Craig's List...check it out. They have cities from all over the place. You can deal across the country, but they suggest that you not do that. Some people even post free stuff. CHECK IT OUT!!!!

No comments: