Monday, July 17, 2006

Fantasy Sports Update!

I am not big in Fantasy Sports, but I participate in two leagues. I enjoy Fantasy Football the most. I have been in a league with my brother, brother-in-law, and his friends for about 4 years. The first two years, my brother and I dominated the league and always finished 1 and 2 in the league. The first year, he beat me everytime we were matched up. The second year, we split in the regular season and then he won in the postseason. Last year sucked! I had awesome players (so I thought), but they dropped the ball big time. I started last season 7-1, which is fantastic. From there, I screwed the pooch most every week. It got late in the season and there was only one spot left in the winner's bracket for the playoffs. I needed to win the final three games and someone needed to lose the final three games. I did all that I could and even beat the guy that needed to lose 3 times. I did lose one game buy 1 MFing point. Therefore, I was sent to the loser's bracket for the playoffs. I totally ASS-pounded everyone in the retard playoffs and won the bracket. I just received my invitation for this year's football league and I am ready to go. I do not do anything pre-draft. I take what I am dealt and then let the BRAIN take over from there.

Fantasy NASCAR is something new this year for me. An invitation was thrown out there on blogger to join a league. I asked about the league and how Fantasy NASCAR worked. A reply was given with the appropriate passwords and a side message of "join if you think you can kick our asses." Me being the competitor that I am could not let that slide, so I joined in. I do not watch NASCAR, nor do I give a shit about NASCAR. I can tell you drivers and sponsorers, but that is just the sport's brain talking. I read the scoring details of the league and came up with a plan for the first week (pick my favorite/most popular drivers). After week one, I was in fourth place and the smack talker was in second. After week 2, I was in second and smack talker was in third. After week three, I was in first place and smack talker was nowhere to be found. Let's just say, we are in week 20 and I still am the top dawg and have been for 17 weeks. Smack talker is sitting in 9th out of 13.

The reason for this post was for me to tell about my successes because I am ready for football season and to shit on Ryan Newman. This past week in NASCAR all of my drivers for the week started the race in the top 8. They did not finish there. It was a bad week for everyone, so I still have a good lead on the pack. There are 3 maybe 4 of us that are out there. I just want to say that I have used Ryan Newman twice and he has shit on me twice. I will NEVER use his sorry ass again. He had the pole position and finished 39th. I do not care if you do not win the race, but at least finish in the top 15. I have not had the most points in any given week this season. I am just consistent. Ryan "I cannot drive" Newman does not help me stay consistent. He deserves to catch an STD and die a painful death.

Now that I have posted my successes, watch me crumble the rest of the season. It does not matter as long as I finish better that Smack talker.

PEACE MONKEYS!

2 comments:

Kyleen said...

yeah you'll finish better than me dammit. go on and enjoy it. a little smack talking never hurt anyone. the only thing RN is good for is getting the pole...

Nikki said...

Seriously...I just read that entire and am left thinking...WTF?