Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Let's piss away money

So today I went to my parents house so my mom could babysit little E and I could work on my classwork that I am way behind in. It worked out pretty good. I got some work done and am catching up...kind of.

While at the house I happened to tell my dad to look out for a particular rifle for me. It is a Ruger 10/22 with a bull barrel. Of course this is my way of hinting to my dad, Go find one and buy it for me. I do not know how many times in my life he has purchased guns and shown them to me only to say, "Don't tell your mother that I bought/have this one." I figure he might as well buy it. I will end up with it one day anyway. My brother might want a gun or two someday, but he is not a gun person. I am pretty sure that I could negotiate a deal with my brother where he gets the AK-47 and I get the rest. After that, I wait until his future significant other (being optimistic here) tells him no and then I get them all.

I am also working on getting a night vision rifle scope for the Ruger 10/22. I have one picked out. It is not too fancy, but it will do the trick. Here it is, the Newcon NS 156. There are better ones out there, but there is no need to go crazy one spending yet.

My friend, who I am working on the project with, is in charge of the silencer. He has his 22 handgun threaded for a silencer but has not bought it yet. Right now he just uses coke bottles and they work great for about 2 shots and then it is too loud. That's right, the shit in movies does actually work. He puts the bottle cap over the tip of the barrel, then twists on a metal attachment to hold the cap on, and then twists on the bottle. Bang, bang, dead squirrels with no sound! Sssshhhh.

You are probably wondering why I would do this. I would do this for the same reasons that people put exspensive stereos in cars, rims on cars, spend money on scrapbooks, blog about shoes, or spend money on anything. BECAUSE I CAN!

Project costs: gun - approx. $200, night vision - approx. $400, silencer tax fee - $200, and silencer - $200. So I ask you...What kind of dumb shit can you piss away a grand on?

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh honey...you should see the arsenal that resides in my house thanks to Mike....and the gun catalogs and bullets and so on.

Erika said...

I will remind you, darling, that blogging about shoes is FREE, and that the swipe about scrapbooking did not go unnoticed. When have I ever given you a hard time about this particular hobby?