Monday, August 07, 2006

Volleyball

Today will be the first day of volleyball tryouts at the high school I help coach at. I cannot wait to get there. Coaching fills a hole that I have in my heart. I wonder how the team will be this year. We were ranked number 1 in VA last year for 3/4 of the season and then lost in the state tournament.

We lost some good talent last year, so this year will be interesting. The District title will come down between us and Fauquier. They finished second behind us last year. The Region will come down to us, Fauquier, Forest Park, and another team to be announced later. It could be tough to make the state tournament this year. All I know is that I am glad to be working with a quality team and a coach that has it all together. All of my past head coaches were dumber than shit.

We need a right side hitter and a middle blocker. If you have one, send them my way.

No comments: