Sunday, February 19, 2006

Love of the game

I did not coach basketball this year. This was the first year since I graduated from college that I did not coach basketball. I think a while back I made a comment to my mom that I did not miss it. I never thought I would ever say those words, but I did. At school, we recently started our basketball unit. I am trying to teach kids from kindergarten to 5th grade the fundamentals of the game. That love I have for basketball came back in this past week and a half. I could see that some of these kids, who have no skills, actually grasping the concepts I was teaching. The more I think about what I am doing, the more I realize that I do miss the game. Will I ever get back to the game? Who knows? All I know is, the love of the game is still there.

No comments: