Tuesday, April 18, 2006

What would you do?

About a month ago, E and I were going out for breakfast and there were cops showing up at this one house. The giant window out front was busted in people were upset in the front yard. When we came back, there were 2 cop cars, a cop SUV, and an animal control truck. Outside of the truck was a rifle case with no gun in it. I started asking people at work to check the police briefs in the paper. Finally, someone said that 4 mexicans had broken into the house beat up the people inside. That never did explain the animal control people, but I went on with my life.

Today, a lady told me that she was told by the resident in that house what really happened. The story goes...a deer was prancing down the front yards of all of these houses and when it got to this house, it took a sharp turn through the front window. Yes, the turn was a right angle turn AND the glass was sharp.

So I ask...WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Would you have called the police? If so, when? I would like to think that I would have disposed of the animal with extreme prejudice. I know that I have more than enough guns to do the job. Diesel (one of our dogs) probably would have gone apeshit, but the deer probably would held its own. The have razor like hooves. I could have taken care of the problem up close and personal with my Taurus 9mm or up close with 30-06, 30-30, shotguns, bow and arrow. Hell I might have gone Rambo style with a few big hunting knives.

OK...OK...I would probably call the police, but if that deer started to mess shit up, all I can say is...HE GONE! Maybe...SHE GONE!

No comments: